Meaning of 開く in Japanese
Definition of 開く
(v5k, vt) to open (e.g. a bank-account, festival, etc.)
The door yielded to a strong push.
(v5k, vi) to spread out; to open up (flower bud, umbrella, etc.); to widen (gap, distance, width)
Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
to hold; to give (party, conference, etc.)
With first base open, he walked the batter.
- (v5k, vi) to open (e.g. doors)
- to open (e.g. business, etc.)
- to be empty
- to be vacant; to be available; to be free
- to be open (e.g. neckline, etc.)
- to have been opened (of one's eyes, mouth, etc.)
- to come to an end
- (v5k, vt) to open (one's eyes, mouth, etc.)
- (v5k, vi) to have a hole; to form a gap; to have an interval (between events)