Meaning of 色 in Japanese
Definition of 色
Words related to 色
- (n) glossy black (hair); color of a crow with wet feathers
- (n) complexion; one's colour; one's color
- countenance; expression; one's face
(exp) being all smiles with joy
She was all smiles.
(n) situation; outlook
The odds are against me, so I think I'll quit now.
- one's allegiance; affiliation; position
- (n) primary colour; primary color
- pure color; unmixed color; striking color
- original color (of a painting, etc. as opposed to a reproduction)
(n) flattery; honeyed words
Fair words butter no parsnips.
(n) (a woman) being gifted with both intelligence and beauty
She is as clever as she is beautiful.
(n) three primary colors (colours); trichromatic
Mixture of the three primary colors creates black.
- (n) three-color printing (red and yellow and blue); three-colour printing
- (n) Several men, several minds; everyone has his own ideas and tastes; everyone has his own interests and ideas; different strokes for different folks
(n) light (cocoa) brown
I was browned to a nice tan.
(adj-i) amorous; sexy; voluptuous; erotic
Men love amorous women.
(n) colour and lustre; color and luster; complexion; colour; color
This soap will improve her complexion.
(n) colouring; coloring; shade of colour; shade of color
Fair words fill not the belly.
interest in the opposite sex; sex appeal; sensuality; seductiveness; glamor; glamour; sexual passion
She is loaded with sex appeal.
- romance; poetry; charm
- desire; interest; inclination; ambition
(n) colour and scent; color and scent; loveliness; charm
He was fascinated with her beauty.
(n) hue; tinge; tint
The building is built of marble of a most lovely color.
(n) use of seductive techniques to attain one's ends (usu. of women)
She knows how to use her good looks to get what she wants out of men.
It is tastes every bit as good as Japanese rice.
- (exp) to be inferior to; to suffer by comparison with (something)
- (n) coloration; colouration; color; colour; coloring; colouring