Definition of 穴が開いている
(v5k, vt) to open (e.g. a bank-account, festival, etc.)
The door yielded to a strong push.
(v5k, vi) to spread out; to open up (flower bud, umbrella, etc.); to widen (gap, distance, width)
Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
to hold; to give (party, conference, etc.)
With first base open, he walked the batter.
(n, n-suf) hole
And the teams competed with each other to try to kick the ball through this hole.
- deficit; shortage; missing person (in a team, meeting, etc.)
Let me apologize once again for missing out on our meeting.
- profitable place (or item, etc.) not well known by others
- upset victory (with a large payoff)
- pit (of a theater)
- hiding place
- underbelly (of society, etc.)
- (v5k, vi) to open (e.g. doors)
- to open (e.g. business, etc.)
- to be empty
- to be vacant; to be available; to be free
- to be open (e.g. neckline, etc.)
- to have been opened (of one's eyes, mouth, etc.)
- to come to an end
- (v5k, vt) to open (one's eyes, mouth, etc.)
- (v5k, vi) to have a hole; to form a gap; to have an interval (between events)