Meaning of 我 in Japanese
Definition of 我
(adj-pn) my; our; one's own
Our army attacked the kingdom.
Words related to 我
(n) my party; our party
The leader of our party met with the other leaders and talked about the problem.
- I; me
(adv) even if I say so myself; for me (to do such a thing)
It is silly of me to have made the same mistake twice.
- (n) seeking one's own interests; straining (the interpretation or argument) to suit one's own interests; drawing water for one's own field
(adj-na, n) skin and bones; appearing to be underweight
She is all skin and bone.
(adv) with a grinding, crunching, scratching (sound)
The dog is crunching a bone.
Keiko is studying furiously.
- (adj-no) crunchy hardness
- selfishness; selfish person
(n) wounded or injured person
The injured person wailed with pain after recovering from the anaesthesia.
(n) self; the ego
They were quite beside themselves with joy.
(n) self-conceit; self-centeredness; vainglory
He's completely convinced of his own greatness but to the people around him he's just a selfish jerk.
(n) our country; our land; one's own country
These persons run this country.
(n) one's house; one's home; one's family
There is a church near my house.
- (n) red-banded sand wasp (Ammophila sabulosa)
- thread-waisted wasp (any wasp of family Sphecidae, inc. digger wasps & mud daubers)
- (n) self and others; this and that; both sides; oneself and one's opponent; he and I
- (exp) that's just what I thought; that's exactly like I feel; that's exactly what I think, too
(n) junk; rubbish; trash; garbage; odds and ends
Burn this rubbish on the fire.
(adj-i) (very) patient; persevering
The English are a hardy people.
(n) one's own child; one's own children
She laid hands on her own child.
(n) pre-ejaculate; pre-ejaculatory fluid; Cowper's fluid; pre-cum
I only had to take off my skirt and his pants were soaked with precum.
(n) our company; my company
He attended the meeting as our company representative.
- (n) my spouse (esp. used to refer to one's wife); my wife; my husband
- (exp) you can't appreciate others' suffering until you've gone through it yourself; pinch oneself and know others' pain
- (exp) What chances to one man may happen to all
- (exp) The thief caught turn out to be one's own son