Meaning of 受ける in Japanese
Definition of 受ける
(v1, vt) to receive; to get
People of 65 and above get a pension from the government.
- to catch (e.g. a ball)
to be struck by (wind, waves, sunlight, etc.)
My joke went over very well.
- to sustain (damage); to incur (a loss); to suffer (an injury); to feel (influence)
- to undergo (e.g. surgery); to take (a test); to accept (a challenge)
- to be given (e.g. life, talent)
- to follow; to succeed; to be descended from
- to face (south, etc.)
- (ling) to be modified by
- to obtain (a pawned item, etc.) by paying a fee
- (v1, vi) to be well-received; to become popular; to go down well