Meaning of に in Japanese
Definition of に
(n) load; baggage; cargo; freight; goods
The ship was unloaded at the port.
- burden; responsibility
Words related to に
(exp) just like that; in the twinkling of an eye; in the blink of an eye; in the time it takes to say "ah!"
The holiday ended all too soon.
(adv) very easily
He's mowed down a parade of challengers before.
- (n) familiar form of "older brother"
form of address for young adult male; mister
Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!
- (exp) take care of yourself; get well soon; God bless you; bless you
(conj) besides; moreover
And, we get each other's company to boot.
(adv) and so ...
The head of the college, whose name was Miss Baker, therefore had a special place in the car park for her own small car.
(adv) each time; every time; whenever (something happens); on the occasion of
Every time I go there, I meet her.
(exp) .. being the case; (precisely) because ...; as might be expected (from ..)
Relations are tenuous as peace talks resume between warring factions.
(adv) incidentally; taking the opportunity; while (you) are at it; on the occasion
Can you buy one for me as well?
- (exp) (something) has become possible; (something) is now possible
(exp) according to (someone)
According to a survey, three in five people today are indifferent to foreign affairs.
(exp) in addition
In addition to PCs, it can be used with cell phones.
(exp) no more than; just; only; mere; goes no further than
She was merely stating a fact.
(exp) related to; in relation to
Sam is serious about his work.
(exp) related to; in relation to
She wrote a book about animals.
- (exp) concerning; regarding
- per (e.g. 100 yen per person); for every
(exp) at the time of (ind. opportunity or situation where something should be done)
The research director had the department do a thorough job in testing the new product.
(exp) compared to
In comparison to which she's been in a really good mood recently.
- (prt) although; when; and yet; despite this; in spite of; even though; but even so; but even then; however; nevertheless; for all that; notwithstanding that
- if only; I wish
- I tell you; you should do
- in order to
- (adv) like; similar to
as with; in the same way
He made me out to be a liar.
(exp) on the shores of; by the side of (e.g. rivers, ponds)
Paris, which is on the Seine, is a beautiful city.
in the neighborhood of; in the neighbourhood of; in the vicinity of; close by; near; by
His house is somewhere about Fourth Street.
(n) shy; very shy person
He's very shy. He says he wants to see you.
- (adv) mumbling; incomprehensible muttering; talking with food in one's mouth; talking in sleep
(adv) completely; all the way; altogether; bodily
He ran sheer into the wall.
- (exp) in order to (e.g. meet goal); so that; take care (so as)
- hoping or wishing for something
(n) New Zealand
I have not been to New Zealand.
- (n) business school entrance test; GMAT
The implications of this did not at first sink in.
(conj) for; for the sake of; to one's advantage; in favor of; in favour of; on behalf of
You should take more exercise for the sake of your health.
because of; as a result of
I stayed home because of the rain.
(adv) unconditionally; as a rule
Yes, well, that depends.
(adv) in one go; in one gulp; in one breath; without stopping; without pausing; without resting; in one sitting; at a stretch; all at once
He worked ten hours at a stretch.
- immediately; instantly; right away; straight away; straightaway